Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 14

The end of week finds me weighing about the same as Day 1! :( Not to worry! I plan on staying positive and to keep on keepin' on. I could make a list of reasons I am not losing, but those situations and temptations are going to be present everyday. I am strong one minute and weak the next. With consistency in exercising and eating right, I will have more strong moments and fewer weak moments. Father God, help me to be consistent
BREAKFAST!!! When am I suppose to eat breakfast? I have always waited until after my workout to eat. But, because my workout is not until 9am or so, I'm not eating until 11am. Yesterday, it was almost 2pm before I had anything to eat. That can't be good--I don't care who you are! Calorie-wise, it was an okay day. I had a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and chicken fajitas for supper. Yes--the sweet tea and the cheese dip added some unnecessary calories. AND--I gotta think that eating the same number of calories over 16 hours would be better than over 6 hours.
The people on the TV show "Extreme Makeover--Weight-loss Edition" (or something like that) inspire me. The woman on last night's episode lost 202 pounds in a year. That's more than I weigh (at least today)! Chris Powell, the trainer/coach, told her that if you don't eat in the morning, your body holds onto the fat. Eating breakfast tells your body that your are going to take care of it and that it can release it's grip on those fat globules!! (That's me editorializing Chris!)
So---tomorrow, I plan on eating a bowl of oatmeal as soon as I get up and exercise an hour later.
Lunch: chicken noodle soup
Supper: grilled chicken & veggies

If you are a praying sort, (and I pray you are conversing with God everyday) please pray for me as eating wisely is more challenging without a refrigerator. (Repairs won't be done until August.)

OH--I added quad stretches to my workout, too. This week I'm doing 12 burpees, quad stretches and a 2 mile walk each day.
What are YOU doing??

No comments:

Post a Comment