Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Help!

It was a little fire--doused by 3 days with family and a pain in the neck (not Jake). I need to get that fire going again. Anybody got a match?

The extreme weight loss TV program last night showed a guy that lost almost half of his 651 pounds in a year. He was motivated and determined and I thought, "I need that." But, 10 hours later, here I sit. :(
Scripture says that without a plan, the people perish. I need a plan! A plan and a match--that's what I need. I think I'll start formulating a plan and maybe it will generate the spark to get the fire going again.

Today's eating plan:
fruit smoothie
pasta primavera (spaghetti with steamed veggies)
chicken sandwich

Now to plan a week's worth of exercise...
I'll let you know how it works out.

Here is an update:
My plan is to do 3 strength-training exercises each day before my walk or bike ride. Over the next few weeks I will increase the number of sets until I get to 3 sets of 10 for each exercise. then I plan to increase the number of repetitions until I get to 3 sets of 15.
I'm not sure if I will increase my walk distance or just continue with 1 mile and try to increase my pace.
Today:
1 set of 10 of each--squats, pushups, backward lunges
1 mile in 19 minutes
(I know---last week it took me 30 minutes but that really was uphill)
I think my little fire is coming back!!

1 comment: