Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beginning

With trepidation and excitement, I begin! I begin--AGAIN--for probably the 40th time in 40 years! The beginning is always a good place to start and, not only am I beginning a new exercise and eating regime, I am beginning a new blog to record the ups and downs. Hopefully, the downs will all be on the scale.
Walking, running, and playing are in my blood. The pictures of me as a kid are blurred, not because of time, but because I was usually moving. The only exception was when I was reading or writing. I wrote my first novel (it was three chapters long--almost 4 whole pages!) when I was about 8 years old. But I digress. Because I enjoy movement, the exercise part shouldn't be a problem for me. The eating part (what some say makes up 80% of any weight-loss program) will be challenging.
Besides the re-counting of my exercise and food-intake day-to-day, I intend to record my thoughts and feelings. While walking, my thoughts go into overdrive and I can't wait to write them down. Unfortunately, I am usually so exhausted after my walk that I forget. I forget to write them down or I forget what it was I was thinking about! You may find, as I have on occasion, that what I thought was brilliant at the time, wasn't. Endorphins will do that to you. Be patient with me. Eventually, I will get around to the point.
Now for today's entry:
After missing an 8am appointment :(, I got moving.
10 thrusters, 10 backward lunges and 1.08 miles walking
The walk took 32 minutes, which is slow, but it was uphill both ways! The campground we are in has a few blacktopped roads and I try to stick to them rather than fight the gravel. I made two and a half rounds thru the park, which does have a steep incline.
I feel energized and ready to take on the day.

My plan for eating today:
Breakfast: a fruit smoothie with protein powder
Lunch: a grilled chicken sandwich
Dinner: grilled salmon and a salad

In the next blog (tomorrow?) I will let you know how my plan worked out.

Get on board with me. It won't be a fast trip, but hopefully it will be rewarding for both you and me.
"...do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit...?" 1 Corinthians 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment