Monday, August 1, 2011

Return to Vigilance

Perhaps I shouldn't say 'return'. I'm not so sure I have been to Vigilance. I've driven by--waved to it from Determined. I've spent a night or two in Committed. Maybe this time I'll get up enough steam to make it all the way! :)
In the past 3 weeks or so, my journey has taken a detour! I have listened to my 'insane' brain too often. I DO have a 'sane' brain, at least, I once did. You would think that I'd come across it more than once every few weeks! It is said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions--"been there, done that!"--well, the path to fit is not paved at all! It's full of pot-holes that are disguised as buffets, Mexican restaurants and fast-food places! Once I hit a pot-hole, I figured--oh,well! Just as soon hit them all! It's been a bumpy ride!
However, today I have done well in avoiding the pot-holes. I have made wise choices--baked, not fried--veggies, not junk--and no sugar, thank you very much. Tomorrow, I intend to do the same. Here's to smooth roads!
Getting the exercise I need has been even more of a challenge. The heat was oppressive so I didn't get out and walk. And my neck has been so stiff and sore, I don't want to move it.
I hear that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. So until my neck feels better, I will concentrate on the 80%--trying to eat small portions of nutritious foods.
If I make it to Vigilance, where do I go from there? :)
Anyone out there with me? Let me know how your journey is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment