Friday, August 5, 2011

Sugar and sin

Except for the lemon meringue pie and a few bites of Jake's apple strudel...and some ice cream...and a half of a blueberry muffin...and some licorice jelly beans...and a coke, I haven't had any sugar this week! Funny how sweets sneak up on ya! What with the yogurt, salads, baked chicken and other 'healthy' fare I have been eating, I thought I was doing well. However!! when I sat down just now to record what I have been eating, I realized how many times I have given into the temptation to eat the sweet.
Just like sugar, sin creeps in while we are not watching and before you know it, you have given into one temptation, then another and another. A taste of this and a bite of that and before you know it, you are knee deep in lemon meringue pie!
The important thing is remain vigilante. It's why recording what I eat EVERYDAY is necessary. If I evaluate what I eat each day, hopefully, I will be more cognizant of the over-all picture and resist that which I couldn't resist yesterday!
So---here's to another fresh start. Thank You, Lord for forgiveness and another chance to do it right.
Now...do I count ice cream as dairy... or fat...???....or...

No comments:

Post a Comment